After a quick search through my blog’s archives, it seems the last time I participated in this award was August of 2019. So almost exactly two years ago, which is a nice coincidence. This time, the award was passed on to me by Katja of Little Blossoms for Jesus. (Thanks, Katja!)
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award.
- List eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions given to you.
- Tag eleven other bloggers.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I usually drink about a gallon of water a day.
- I’m nearing 100,000 words in my current Western WIP.
- This was the year I started to like Richard Burton. (Before, he was one of my least favorite actors.)
- I have seven siblings, all younger than me.
- Currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo and it’s already one of my new favorite books.
- I prefer writing with gel pens (as opposed to ballpoint pens).
- I’ve been showing my eleven-year-old brother different adaptions of Little Women, ever since he fell in love with the 2018 modern retelling. It’s been so much fun!
- On that note, I enjoyed the 2019 adaption of LW much more the second time around.
- I believe that YouTube Music Premium is superior to Spotify Premium.
- I sing alto in my church’s choir.
- I’m currently listening to Hans Zimmer’s score for The Lone Ranger. Love it!
What’s your favourite cold summer treat?
Cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream from a little shack at the end of a certain beach after swimming all morning. McDonald’s soft serve ice cream and Starbucks’ Iced Brown Sugar Oat Beverage Shaken Espresso are also superior.
What’s one classic you really want to read and haven’t yet?
Dracula, Anna Karenina, and The Phantom of the Opera are all up there on my to-read list.
What are your top ten favourite names?
Luke, Ben, Eric, Atticus, Jonas, Dan, Sean, Wyatt, Edith, Adaline.
What’s one stereotypical summery thing to do that you don’t like doing?
Camping. Just not for me! I’m also not partial to picnicking.
This is your opportunity to rant about your fav book, movie, or TV show—or all three.
Current favorite book: as I mentioned above, it’s The Count of Monte Cristo. I’ve been familiar with the 2002 adaption for several years, but I only started to read the book a few months ago. (Yes, months.) As much as the Count himself fascinates me (he’s practically Batman), I still feel so bad when I think back to Edmond’s innocence at the beginning of the book and how that has all disappeared (and under what circumstances). The poor guy!
Current favorite movie: Luca was really, really good. I know I’ve already mentioned it, but it deserves another shout-out.
Current favorite TV show: along with The Mentalist, I’ve started rewatching Lost and it just blows my mind, how good it is. I’m picking up cool little details in the very first episodes that give me such respect for the writers. (They deserve more respect than they get, in my opinion.) And seeing the beginning of Jack’s arc from someone trying to push away responsibility with both hands to someone willing to sacrifice himself for everyone? Gold. Pure gold.
What word(s) do you misspell the most?
Hmmm. I know there are words I regularly misspell, but I can’t think of any at the moment. If any come to to me as I continue writing this post, I’ll add them here.
Where do you take walks to this summer?
I mainly walk around my neighborhood with the family dog, when I walk at all. My little brothers and I did walk to a Little Free Library nearby one day, which was fun (although we didn’t find any good books there).
What music are you listening to on repeat right now?
Nothing on repeat, per se, but I have enjoyed writing to The Lone Ranger soundtrack recently. (And James Horner’s score for Fievel Goes West.)
Is there a book you really wanted to read this year? Have you and if not, WHEN WILL YOU?
See this post for my most anticipated reads of Autumn/Winter 2022!
Tell me about a new outfit you’ve created and loved.
Hmmm. Most days, I either wear scrubs or a denim skirt/t-shirt combo. Unfortunately, I’m not really into creating outfits.
How do you like your hamburgers?
Medium (not charred), w/ cheese, mayo, ketchup, red onions, and a toasted sesame seed bun.
- Describe your favorite notebook.
- Last five star read?
- Last one star read?
- Instrumental or vocal movie soundtracks?
- Movie musicals or Broadway musicals?
- Favorite animated movie?
- Top three favorite fictional characters of all time?
- What’s your go-to snack?
- What’s your favorite thing about where you live? (House, state, country…)
- Top three favorite scents?
- Do you own any LEGOs?
Go ahead and play along if you want!